St. Thomas More Parish was established on March 8, 1946. The first Mass was held on April 7, 1946 at the Memphis Theater at the corner of Memphis Avenue and West 50th Street. The Very Reverend Monsignor Howard Smith offered Mass at 7am and 9am with Father Edward J. Halloran, diocesan chancellor, offering the 11am and 12pm Masses. Photo courtesy of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland.
Bishop Edward F. Hoban offered the first Mass in the Church (which now serves as the parish gym) on July 7, 1950. The combination school and church building were built at the corner of Plainfield Avenue and West 76th Street (now North Amber Drive). The original cost for the construction was $375,000. Photo courtesy of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland.
More history notes coming soon!
FORMED
Parishioners can access hundreds of movies, ebooks, short-series and more via FORMED.
Memorial Candles
In the month of November, we remembered our beloved dead. Why not remember them the whole year round?
Utopia Hall
Our parish hall makes a great venue for parties, showers, birthdays and more.
© 2025 St. Thomas More Parish